Monday, December 6, 2010

GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear everyone who is reading this,
Number one, if you didn't know, Katie Tutt and I are the biggest GLEEks that have ever roamed the planet.  And eaten the planet, if you didn't know.  Well, the GLEE writers think that our faith is flimsy and moody.  I believe that they are portraying our faith as they see Christian fakers perhaps.  Isn't that a great word?  Perhaps...  Anyway, I think they are portraying it accurately for non-Christians who pose as Christians.  I love GLEE.  I love Mercedes.  I really believe in her.  She is a good example of a girl with faith surronded by people who don't necessarily have it.  I also identify with Quinn.  She has been through a lot but she believes in God.  She has had her bad times but she is awesome.  If you are a non-Christian posing as a Christian, a lot of what they say is accurate.  If you are a Christian though, they still say a lot of accurate things portrayed through Mercedes.  One part where they went wrong, though, is the fact that Kurt says churchs don't accept him as a homosexual.  That is a false statement.  The United Methodist Church doesn't put down homosexuals like other denominations.  The United Methodist Church supports homosexuals and loves them for who they are.
regan henry

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Regan Henry,
    I sincerely agree with your view on GLEE. I love GLEE too. This was very insightful and true. I think that the writers of this show only see christian fakers and not true christians so it doesn't show them how amazing christianity is. I agree with the fact that Mercedes is a good example of someone with faith surrounded by unbelievers. She loves on those around her and tries to show them the love of a true christian. I enjoyed your blog.
    Love,
    Katie Tutt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Regan,
    so I kinda like Glee alot now:) because of you! haha and Katie but i do agree with what you said about the writers and everything.. your cool keep it up!
    Loveeeee Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regan,
    I know you know this already but I'm not going to watch Glee. I don't agree at all with the way the show has portrayed Christianity, but I agree with you on some of your points. The episode did make a point emphasizing "fake" Christians. To a true believer, the actions of "fake" Christians should be as distasteful to us as to non-Christians. Christ didn't call the Pharisees a brood of vipers for nothing. But, unlike non-Christians, instead of shunning those who've fallen away, we should encourage them to come back to Christ.
    Jess
    P.S. Just because I don't like Glee doesn't mean I don't LOVE YOU!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog!!! Now, as you know I might not agree with you on everything but I do know one thing and that is that you are an amazing loving person who brings others closer to God. Thanks for being my friend, and keep up the good work!!

    GO GLEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do agree with your comments on the writers for Glee and everything. i also like mercedes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you love the show but you were able to say that the writers were definately not christians. Sometimes it is hard to admit that something you love is not all good. I also liked Mercedes. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style of writing and it is just how you talk! I agree how you go character by character and explain how some show Christian values and some do not! Excellent Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Reagan.
    I agree'd with you mostly! The only think i'd like to say and i'm not being mean or trying to sound that way because I think you're an amazing person and I respect you alot. I don't think it's so much that denominations put down homosexuals as individual churches or people. My church and pastor do not discriminate against homosexuals as one would think. Sure, we look at it as a sin, but i've most likely lied today and that's a sin too right? That's how I/my church views it:)
    -Alora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regan! Great blog. I agree with everything you said! And I really like how your church accepts and loves homosexuals! That is really cool because a lot of people think they are wrong and weird and things, but it's the same as any other sin. Yes, it is wrong, but so are a lot of other things, so I'm happy to hear your church does that! That is really neat! It honestly made me think of how I judge homosexuals, and that is wrong on my part, so thanks for making me think about that! I really like how you voice your opinions so openly! Good job Regan:)

    ReplyDelete