Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jesus, Save Us From Your Followers

Dear whoever reads this,
Honestly, I completely understood this title. I am a Christian and I get annoyed with some Christians who try to "evangelize" in wacky ways. I have seen one of the corner preachers and they are BEYOND annoying.
I really like the statement from Bill Maher when he said that there is a difference between a 'Christ-liker' and a person who tries to change his or herself to become more like Christ. I can admire Christ all day, but if I don't do anything about it, it means nothing.
"Stop telling me I'm doing wrong, but tell me there is a way out." - Wm. Paul Young (author of "The Shack") I really love this quote. As a Christian, I need to be able to not only talk the talk but walk the walk. I highly believe in positivity and people who are negative or pessimistic just annoy me. So if you tell all the bad, you can't love quite as much as when you are able to tell someone about Christ. We are called to love, not too criticize.
I <3 Dr. Campollo!
Those rallies that they had to stop whatever the cause were not very thought through, I believe. They had no direct purpose. You need to be productive.
Something to learn about Regan. I DESPISE bumper stickers! (not counting ones that that are like "OBA" or "Enid Soccer") I think that beliefs should not be THAT public. To witness to someone I would rather use actions than "Have you been saved? Jesus died for you! Here is a sticker with John 3:16 I am going to put on your head! *stick* TURN OR BURN!!!!!" No. I would rather do God's work and people ask me why I am doing what I am doing. Then I can explain the ultimate Love. In my utopia bumper stickers wouldn't exist. It would be like "Fahrenheit 451", bumper sticker style. I did enjoy the "fish wars" though. It would have been better if someone torched them. I'm sorry if you have a bumper sticker and I have offended. It is my personal opinion.
Now something from C.S. Lewis. Everyone in the world accepts a code of moral decency. Everyone wants to ask decent. God holds us to a higher than standard than decent. Just a comment about the people he interviewed.
If you enjoyed the church chat skit from SNL, check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO3LBmM17g0&feature=youtube_gdata_player It features Justin Bieber, you who have Bieber Fever.
Christmas trees in public schools. Wow. That's like stupid that some schools can't have them. At my old school I had Christmas trees. They are not even the Christian part of Christmas. Like that also with the Easter Bunnies. Bunnies will take over the world! LOL! I wish we could just rename so many of the cities if people are going to have issues with them.
I loved the idea of a Confession booth where you confess to other people because we hurt so many people that we don't know.to be forgiven we must forgive.
I loved the night strike. It reminded me of the Forgotten Church. Everyone was the same in value there. It was really cool.
<3 Love. We are called to LOVE everyone, no matter what there lifestyle. That is something I think a lot of us fail at. I have trouble personally forgiving people who hurt me. It seems like I have been hurt a lot lately and I can take only so much before I become infuriated. I read somewhere that we cannot love the perfect if we cannot love the imperfect. Love is the answer. I want to be able to love you despite your mistakes or my pain. Love is perfect and endures everything! Love is blind to mistakes.
REGAN HENRY

No comments:

Post a Comment