Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Don't Waste Your Life

Dear whoever decides to read this,
First of all, you are pretty cool.  Second of all, it is Ash Wednesday.  I have been so excited for this day all week.  This will be awesome.  I challenge the cool person that is reading this to give up something for God so you have more time to worship Him.  It is fun and awesome and sweet.  Third of all, book.  Yes, that is my transition to the assignment.  This will be different.  I will divide the pages by different sections.  Enjoy.


Priorities.  They should always revovle around glorifying God as in not sinning and doing good.  If you are not sinning, you are doing better than most.  Just saying.  I don't mean that in a bad way; my point is that we all sin so even one second without it is awesome.  I try and focus on spreading God's love and joy becasue that is something everyone wants and needs.  It is one of the basic things I think we honestly overlook sometimes.  Sometimes it could really turn a person's day around.  Doing things like Bingo with elderly peeps and making cookies for homeless peeps is a good thing to do.  Does it require much effort?  Honestly, not usually.


Money.  Money is useful, of course.  Using it positively is a great thing.  (get a little, give a little)  I think God gives us money sometimes to see what we do with it.  We can spend it, give it, lick it, burn it, etc.  But which one helps God the most?  (This should be somewhat obvious given the situation.  Please don't burn or lick it.)  We shouldn't get attached to money or material things that we will not have for long.  Cool, you spend 5 hours on FaceBook a day.  And how will that benefit you in 5 years?  (Not at all.)


Time.  As with priorities, using your time wisely is very appropriate.  My goal during the week is to be able to watch one movie to show that I have some free time.  (It's kind of weird, I know.)  If all you do is play on Gameboy or Angry Birds (that game is addicting!  I have defeated the whole game :)), then you could probably redistribute your time better.  See that elderly person down the street?  Teach them Angry Birds!


TV.  I think the greatest problem with TV is some of the dumb shows that occupy most of it.  Entertaining:  World's Dumbest.. :)  I mean, really, some of these shows are so fake and occupy so much time that it is ridiculous.  Whatever.  I think TV is not a bad thing.  TV in ridiculously large amounts is bad because it is not a good use of priorities.  TV is about learning or entertainment.  When it is your only learning or entertainment is when it goes bad.  Three ways:  #1:  it probably isn't the best to have many Glee marathon days.  Other than that, I honestly don't know because I don't watch much TV or go on the Internet.

I honestly think if someone compared my spare time at home, they would see a large difference.  Here it is broken down:  5% Cooking, 5% Angry Birds, 5% Reading the Bible, 7% Reading, 10% Homework, 10% Messing with Grace, 13% Glee, 45% Listening To Air One/Worship Music/Praising God with Song :).  It is what I do.  It is different than most, I presume.  My satisfaction is that of praising God through music.  :)  That is all I have for now. 

regan henry

No comments:

Post a Comment