Well... Well... Well. I must admit I am not a fan of John Mayer. He sometimes comes across as whiney and desparate sometimes. In this song, he talks about a relationship that is ending but the couple are scared to admit it. It's like 'slow dancing in a burning room.' Ba dum ch. I believe that if they see an end to the relationship then they should... oh my gosh, wait for it.... END THE RELATIONSHIP! I bet you were really shocked right? (Sarcasm hand is raised, maybe both of them...) When people are in love, (or in this case 'were in love') they do not care to look at the actual situation but rather to concentrate on everything, or rather anything, that they are not supposed to concentrate on. This couple is concentrating on the fact of the other person because they love the feeling of having somebody, even if they don't love them. People do crazy things for "love". Love is an action but in this case it is forced, so they don't have to break up and be alone. He says in the first stanza that "this is the deep and dying breath of this love we've been working on." Okay, again love cannot be forced. I wish I could talk to John Mayer right now and tell him that. He needs to read some Shakespeare and experience what happens in forced love. She understands that it is pretty much over so she is being rude to him, but he is still trying to do this whole stupid forced love thing! Grrrr... John Mayer....
"Love is merely a madness and, I tell you, deserves as well a dark house and a whip as madmen do, and the reason why they are not so punished and cured is that the lunacy is so ordinary that the whippers are in love, too. Yet I profess curing it by counsel. "
- William Shakespeare in "As You Like It"; III, s. 2regan henry.
No comments:
Post a Comment