Dear whoever is reading this for the last time (because it is the end of the year!),
Well, first of all I am beyond excited for the end of school. Not to leave, but to sleep. Okay so Luther. Luther is such a cool person because he stood up for what he believed in and didn't compromise with his beliefs. The trials when he was younger were so intense. I could almost see him think that it would be easier if he recounted. But he stuck with his beliefs and I deemed it pretty cool. Luther was a very prominent figure in Christianity post A.D. 100. He proposed that maybe the pope isn't perfect and that other people should have a say in their beliefs. Without Martin Luther, we probably wouldn't have any of the denominations we have today, which is good and bad. If we didn't have denominations, the one sect could be very corrupt with nothing to do about it. If we didn't have different denominations, we probably wouldn't fight as much with other Christians. It is an interesting thought. Martin Luther had a very good education, and not to mention a PhD. Before he protested, he was definitely revered by his students and other leaders around him. In 1507, he became a priest. It didn't take him very many years to protest the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church had already split from the Greek Orthodox Church and condemned them. Anyone opposing the Roman Catholic Church faced the same consequence. Luther was a very easily distracted person in my opinion. He would get distracted with random people and random things. I am not going to lie it was really weird when that one priest opposed to Luther burned his hand on purpose. I mean, who does that? Okay, so he didn't back down. He had secret supporters. He is just a really cool person. I think Martin Luther was cool beans. I hope everyone else respects him as much as I do.
regan henry
No comments:
Post a Comment