Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This is Halloween... Halloween.... Halloween...

Dear whoever is reading this,
Before I start, I need to take my demonic mask off... Just kidding!  Because you know, that is what we all do on Halloween. (sarcasm hand raised)  I think that Halloween is a lot of fun and if you want to make it negative, don't rain on my parade!  I don't think Halloween is necessarily a dark day.  I mean for Halloween this year, my sister was a '50s girl and I was Dorothy from the "Wizard of Oz".  Scary right?
I thought we both looked really cute...  I think Halloween is an event where you can dress up as the person you can't be for a night. (i.e. Dorothy)  I am pretty sure this Halloween I also didn't spot any bonfires with Satanists doing a ritual around it.  Maybe I just missed something...  But when you get to see a wobbly two year old dress up as Buzz Lightyear and ask for candy, that is just cute and fun!
"And, like many of our holidays, it can be misused, abused and downright non-Christian. But using the time to have some fun with friends and give kids some candy? That seems like a pretty Christian thing to do. Just don’t give the kids a tract instead of candy. That's just mean." - RELEVANT magazine
 I know you can always transform a harmless holiday into a Satanist seance.  But you can do that with Christmas also!  Like the article says, it is like the same thing except that it was Christianized more than Halloween.  As long as your costume isn't too short, and you don't throw candy at children, you can hand out candy peacefully on Halloween without abusing the holiday.  That is all I am going to say on the subject. :)


regan henry

No comments:

Post a Comment